Workshop content in details
1. Fundamentals about polymer clay in hand-made jewellery making
- types of clays, safety, how to store, different brands, tools; working with polymer in tropical climate like Singapore
- where to buy ( in Singapore) and what to consider
- basic colours and design theory + ideas for your jewellery design
- solid skills like conditioning clay, pressing, rolling etc to create different types of shapes/beads (round, flat beads, tubes, square, cone, cylinder...
- importance about baking process to avoid crackings and burning clay
- tips and tricks to finish your beads and avoid disaster (how to remove fingerprints? how to make your shape clean and neat? etc.)
2. Creating unique textures with gold foiling leaves (gold, rose gold, silver) and marbling
- what is foiling and how to work with it in a tropical climate: importance of weather and storage
- techniques of foiling to create gold speckled and cracks on clay (see pictures)
- techniques to create different marbling patterns and how to control and create beautiful consistency in hand-made jewellery making
3. What's included and what will you make?
- half-day of hands-on making, fun, creativity and chatter
- at least 1 necklace, 1 pair of earrings (with 925 silver back)
- 1 manual booklet with workshop content to take home for your future creative projects and activities
- all materials imported from US/Taiwan/Korea (silver, gold-plated metal) and Japan (cords)
- drinks + snacks
Noted for Dangle Earrings Workshops: Other conditions will be applied.