Workshop: FOILING EDITION - necklace + earrings + clay dishLongue Vue Design Workshops
This fun 3.5-4 hours workshop for beginners covers fundamentals about polymer clay and the technique of Foiling (with gold, rose gold and silver leaves). It will gives you a comprehensive understanding to work with the material and also, inspiration and confidence to create your own accessories and jewelleries. I will teach you fun-to-make and easy to grab techniques that will push you creativity to create your own colours, shapes, textures and designs. You will be surprised how much creativity is inside you and there is a huge range of colours (saturated to pastel colours) to choose from).
The class includes all the materials needed to create your own clay dish, necklace and earrings to take home. Yummy snacks and light refreshments is also included in the sessions.
The class sizes is strictly limited to 8 pax and it is conducted in a very relaxing and conductive environment. Fun, therapeutic and inspirational at the same time: it's the perfect get-away with friends and your loved ones and a nice occasion to pick up a new skill. Empower yourself with an awesome skill like other previous participants.
Read our testimonies here.
Would you like to join the summer special workshop: Foiling Edition + Marbling all in one? Click here for more info: Summer Special
Workshop content in detail
1. Fundamentals about polymer clay jewellery making
- types of clays, safety, how to store, different brands, tools to work with clay
- where to buy (in Singapore) and what to consider
- basic colours and design theory to work best with different types of clay and colours + ideas for your jewellery
- conditioning clay, pressing, rolling, twisting
- solid skills to create different types of shapes/beads (round, flat beads, tubes, square, cone, cylinder etc.
- importance about baking process to avoid crackings and burning clay
- tips and tricks to finish your beads and avoid disaster (e.g. how to make them shine? how to remove fingerprints? etc. )
2. Creating unique textures with foil leaves ( gold, rose gold, silver)
- basics information about foiling: importance of weather and storage
- fundamentals about foiling on polymer clay
- techniques of foiling to create gold speckled and cracks on clay
3. What's included and what will you make?
- half-day of hands-on making, fun, creativity and chatter
- 1 necklace, 1 pair of earrings (with 925 silver back) and 1 jewellery dish
- all materials imported from US/Taiwan/Korea (silver, golden plated metal) and Japan (cords)
- drinks + snacks
Sunday 23/07/17 - 9:45 AM
Sunday 23/07/17 - 2:30 PM (fully booked)
Sunday 13/08/17 - 9:45 AM
Sunday 27/08/17 - 2:30 PM (fully booked)
Saturday 09/09/17 - 10:00 AM
Saturday 23/09/17 - 10:00 AM
Saturday 07/10/17 - 10:00 AM
If the workshop is fully booked, please drop me a line at email@example.com to join the wait-list. I will inform you if I can arrange a seat for you.
Longue Vue Design home studio (5 min walk from Paya Lebar Mrt). The exact location as well as more details on the workshop will be sent to you in a private email after you made the purchase. Thank you for your understanding.
All classes are non-refundable. You are very welcome to send someone in your place if you cannot make it.
PAYMENT via PayPal or Credit Card.
For other types of payment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +65 8808 9531
Classes take places with a minimum of 4 participants.