Workshop - Marbling + FoilingLongue Vue Design Workshops
This fun 3.5 hours workshop for beginners covers fundamentals about polymer clay and the technique of Marbling and Foiling (with gold, rose gold and silver leaves). It will gives you a comprehensive understanding to work with the material and also, inspiration and confidence to create your own accessories and jewelleries. I will teach you fun-to-make and easy to grab techniques that will push you creativity to create your own colours, shapes, textures and designs. You will be surprised how much creativity is inside you and there is a huge range of colours (saturated to pastel colours) to choose from).
The class includes all the materials needed to create your own necklaces and earrings to take home. Besides, you will be given a manual booklet with all fundamental information about polymer for your future creative projects at home. Yummy snacks and light refreshments is also included in the sessions.
The class sizes is limited to 8 pax and it is conducted in a very relaxing and conductive environment. Fun, therapeutic and inspirational at the same time: it's the perfect get-away with friends and your loved ones and a nice occasion to pick up a new skill. Empower yourself with an awesome skill like other previous participants.
Read our testimonies here.
Workshop content in details
1. Fundamentals about polymer clay jewellery making
- types of clays, safety, how to store, different brands, tools to work with clay
- where to buy (in Singapore) and what to consider
- basic colours and design theory to work best with different types of clay and colours + ideas for your jewellery
- conditioning clay, pressing, rolling, twisting
- solid skills to create different types of shapes/beads (round, flat beads, tubes, square, cone, cylinder etc.
- importance about baking process to avoid crackings and burning clay
- tips and tricks to finish your beads and avoid disaster (e.g. how to make them shine? how to remove fingerprints? etc. )
2. Creating unique textures with foil leaves ( gold, rose gold, silver) and marbling
- basics information about foiling: importance of weather and storage
- fundamentals about foiling on polymer clay
- techniques of foiling to create gold speckled and cracks on clay
- techniques to create different marbling patterns and how to control it
3. What's included and what will you make?
- half-day of hands-on making, fun, creativity and chatter
- at least 1 necklace, 1 pair of earrings (with 925 silver back)
- 1 manual booklet with workshop content to take home for your future creative projects
- all materials imported from US/Taiwan/Korea (silver, gold-plated metal) and Japan (cords)
- drinks + snacks
Please scroll down to book the dates.
If the workshop is fully booked, please drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the wait-list. I will inform you if I can arrange a seat for you.
Our luminous studio is located in the Paya Lebar/Dakota area until March 2018.
We will be relocation to Joo Chiat in April.
Upon your booking, you will received an email with more details on the workshop and the itinerary to the location within less than 24 hours.
All classes are non-refundable and non replaceable. You are very welcome to send someone in your place if you cannot make it.
PAYMENT via PayPal or Credit Card.
For other types of payment please contact email@example.com
Classes take places with a minimum of 4 participants.